BearcatNews Forums

Go Back   BearcatNews Forums > Conference Realignment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Conference Realignment Discuss all conference realignment topics here

Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Lobot
Super Moderator

Default Moment of Silence

Can we have a collective moment of silence for the WAC and the Sun Belt who have been poached by CUSA and the MWC to point where they are now dead.
Lobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
BearcatSeminole

ummm - the Sun Belt isn't "dead" - it will still have enough teams to be a conference. Most likely they will add App State, Georgia State, Georgia Southern and some Texas school to round out the conference.

What is up in the air is what does Boise and SDSU do for their olympic sports, and where does NMState and Idaho go with football?
BearcatSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Lobot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatSeminole View Post
ummm - the Sun Belt isn't "dead" - it will still have enough teams to be a conference. Most likely they will add App State, Georgia State, Georgia Southern and some Texas school to round out the conference.

What is up in the air is what does Boise and SDSU do for their olympic sports, and where does NMState and Idaho go with football?
Texas State wants to go D1(at the worst possible time) so I think that's your answer on that.

Rice needs a home.

My point was the whole thing's a bloody mess.

Looking for a scapegoat? There isn't one. It's completely Texas' Fault with LHN. I get the channel and I refuse to watch anything on it unless it involves UC
Lobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
swilsonsp4
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
Texas State wants to go D1(at the worst possible time) so I think that's your answer on that.

Rice needs a home.

My point was the whole thing's a bloody mess.

Looking for a scapegoat? There isn't one. It's completely Texas' Fault with LHN. I get the channel and I refuse to watch anything on it unless it involves UC
Unless there's a development I'm unaware of, Rice is in C-USA (since 2005, after leaving the WAC).

But, yes, it's a bloody mess. The WAC membership brass met this weekend in Phoenix. I'm sure that was a cheerful affair.

The Idaho Vandals may forced to slink back to the Big Sky, which is FCS. NM State have been non-competitive for eons in football. Geographically, though, Las Cruces is an easy drive from El Paso, making the Aggies a potential partner for UTEP in C-USA.

The MWC - C-USA arrangement appears likely to involve an extremely large number of teams.
swilsonsp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
True Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post

Rice needs a home.
Rice has a home they've been in CUSA for years now.

Texas State has been invited to the Sun Belt.
True Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote