Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Basketball Discussion about the current Bearcat basketball team

Old 02-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
Helicopter
Veteran

Default Rick Pitino's Post Game

He said on his radio show:

"They (UofL fans) should be more like them (UC fans) without the low class."

I'd love to learn what high class is from this greasy adultering sleaze bag.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
Who Dey Time
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
He said on his radio show:

"They (UofL fans) should be more like them (UC fans) without the low class."

I'd love to learn what high class is from this greasy adultering sleaze bag.
Maybe waiting until the restaurant is closed is classy???
Who Dey Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:34 AM   #3
bobestes
Distinguished Member

Chanting "Cincy hates you" is stupid and tacky.

That's Xavier stuff, and we are better than that. Or maybe not, judging by the comments section of our newspaper website.
bobestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:59 AM   #4
bcbearcat12
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobestes View Post

That's Xavier stuff, and we are better than that. Or maybe not, judging by the comments section of our newspaper website.
Agreed....Great atmosphere aside from that though.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:24 AM   #5
Helicopter
Veteran

Quote:

Well it was pretty tame towards Chane, then he smiled at the crowd and that really set them off. No cursing, nothing profane, Rick needs some thicker skin I suspect.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
86 Bearcat

Pitino is going to talk about class? In Louisville you can't go to the restroom without being assaulted!
86 Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
London 'Cat
Super Moderator

It's a rivalry game, a must-win for both teams and Behanan was once a UC commit. Pitino needs to quit whining. He whined and cried the whole game to the refs. It was pathetic. I thought the students were fantastic, and the chant towards Behanan was what students do and what opposing teams should expect to hear.
London 'Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #8
08bearcat
Distinguished Member

that C-A-R-D-S chant should be illegal. just saying.

great atmosphere, great defense, sorry the building was a little loud Rick, hate to see your boys go 1-13 from beyond the arc. Glad to see Rick starting to get a little miffed at his mentee.

See you at MSG.
08bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
Best Body
Distinguished Member

He did seem to come close to crying about every call, even some of the ones that were obvious. I don't remember him being that way, but maybe he has been & I didn't notice. Maybe it works for him though: They (Louisville) even seemed to me to be getting alot of close calls for an away game.

Speaking of which, Cronin's reaction on tv was funny to watch, right after Dixon got called for a fould when the Louisville guard slipping down trying to go around him. The fourth on Gates was "BS" too. I couldnt see cronin's reaction to that one, though.
Best Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #10
GoUC11

I myself hold no grudge towards Louisville. They are a rival so I naturally have a distaste for them. But Louisville shouldn't be ones to talk about class. Our fanbase is far from having our hands clean in this but I have never felt threatened in an opposing teams stadium until I went to go watch us do battle in football 2 years ago on a Friday night.

Great atmosphere. When the Shoe is packed and rocking it is one of the hardest places to play in the country.
GoUC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
London 'Cat
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Body View Post
He did seem to come close to crying about every call, even some of the ones that were obvious. I don't remember him being that way, but maybe he has been & I didn't notice. Maybe it works for him though: They (Louisville) even seemed to me to be getting alot of close calls for an away game.

Speaking of which, Cronin's reaction on tv was funny to watch, right after Dixon got called for a fould when the Louisville guard slipping down trying to go around him. The fourth on Gates was "BS" too. I couldnt see cronin's reaction to that one, though.
Pitino looks very old to me all of a sudden. Last night he looked pale, gray-haried and frail. The pressure cooker down the river is taking its toll.
London 'Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #12
86 Bearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by London 'Cat View Post
Pitino looks very old to me all of a sudden. Last night he looked pale, gray-haried and frail. The pressure cooker down the river is taking its toll.
He will be 60 this year. If he died his hair he would look fine.
86 Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
OCASCM07

Here's the actual interview with him crying. At least Behanan thought it was fun and electric. Hopefully Obekpa thought the same.

http://www.courier-journal.com/Video...-at-Cincinnati

"If you're the fan of a team then you should support that program no matter how you feel about who is coaching them. Because if I'm not doing my job I will be gone but the program will still be there." - Mick Cronin
OCASCM07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #14
Best Body
Distinguished Member

Quote:
I was going to say the exact same thing. Maybe stopped using hair dye. But, beyond that, he didn't seem at all as cool and collected as he used to.
Best Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
red_n_black_attack
Veteran

Quote:
It's a rivalry game, a must-win for both teams and Behanan was once a UC commit. Pitino needs to quit whining. He whined and cried the whole game to the refs. It was pathetic. I thought the students were fantastic, and the chant towards Behanan was what students do and what opposing teams should expect to hear.
I'm not sure Pitino grasps that this is truly a rivalry for the Cards. He has his annual game with his former employer in state. No other Big East team has either proximity to or long standing conference affiliation with Loserville like they have in the Bearcats from the Metro Valley, Great Midwest, Conference USA to the BEast.

Kudos to our fans for rocking the Shoe! My philosophy to coaches, players, and fans: Do not enter into any competition in which you are not prepared to both win or lose with grace. Play the game, enjoy the win. If you lose, tip your cap and use it as motivation as you go back to weight room, studying playbook and practices.Don't be an as$ either way.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!
red_n_black_attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #16
BigDaddyCornHusker
Distinguished Member

Quote:

I agree.

Did they really chant T U R D S? That's pretty funny.
BigDaddyCornHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #17
swilsonsp4
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 Bearcat View Post
He will be 60 this year. If he died his hair he would look fine.
60 is old? Well, by crackey, I guess I'd better order my casket now, 'cause I'm a bit past that now.
swilsonsp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #18
cpawstoney
Veteran

If you can get to a TV, the game is being re-broadcast right now, 11:30AM EST, on ESPNU. (I turned it on in the breakroom for all to enjoy).
cpawstoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #19
beeman7467

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyCornHusker View Post
I agree.

Did they really chant T U R D S? That's pretty funny.
Couldn't really hear the student section clearly from my seats (the place was that loud), but all the fans around us were chanting it in response to the UofL fans.
beeman7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
bearcatgary

Sounds like the comments of a bitter coach who has lost 3 straight games to his protoge.

--Gary
bearcatgary is offline   Reply With Quote